YES, we are still trying to help the survivors of the middle Tennessee flood in August 2021 and need your assistance. North Middle TN Regional VOAD and the Long-Term Recovery Group in Humphreys County have set Saturday, October 23, 2021, as a Volunteer Help Work Day. They are asking for EVERYONE that can help with a major cleanup day, please call the Volunteer Reception Center at:
(931) 888-8011 or (931) 888-8012
Please signup in advance by calling one of the two numbers above by Tuesday, October 19, 2021. They can explain all the different things that they will need help with. Advance signups allow for a more organized approach of area and volunteer assistance task assignments in advance of your arrival.
Individuals and Groups Are Welcome to Help and NEEDED!
Assignments will be given to volunteers at the Volunteer Reception Center beginning at 7:00am central time on Saturday, October 23, 2021. Any time you can offer to volunteer is accepted and please let the VRC know what time you will be available on this day.
Over 500 homes still need our HELP in Waverly and Humphreys County with cleaning up after the flood.
Volunteer Reception Center (Save A Lot building)
517 W Main Street
Waverly, TN 37185
Seeing images of disaster may compel you to head to the impacted area. Don’t underestimate the complexity of working in a disaster area. Until a need has been identified and the local community impacted has requested support, volunteers should not enter.
- Be sure to contact us before coming to the disaster area.
- Wait until it is safe to travel to volunteer sites and opportunities have been identified.
- Once assigned a position, make sure you have been given an assignment and are wearing proper safety gear for the task.
Be patient. Recovery lasts a lot longer than the media attention. There will be volunteer needs for many months, often years, after the disaster, especially when the community enters the long-term recovery period.
- Adventist Community Services Disaster Response Georgia-Cumberland Conference
- American Legion, Department of Tennessee
- American Red Cross
- Chattanooga Area Food Bank
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints – JustServe Initiative
- Civil Air Patrol – Tennessee Wing
- Civil Air Patrol – Dickson County Composite Squadron, SER-TN-218
- Convoy of Hope
- Episcopal Diocese of Tennessee
- Hands On Nashville
- HOPE Animal-Assisted Crisis Response (AACR)
- Lutheran Disaster Response – Southeastern Synod
- Medical Support Command/National Disaster Response
- Mennonite Disaster Service
- Operation Compassion
- The Salvation Army Nashville
- Team Rubicon
- Tennessee Baptist Disaster Relief (Southern Baptist Disaster Relief)
- Tennessee Conference of the United Methodist Church / UMCOR
- Therapy Aid Coalition
- Chattanooga COAD
- Davidson County VOAD
- East Tennessee Regional VOAD
- Mid South VOAD
- Northeast Tennessee Regional VOAD
- Southeast Tennessee Regional VOAD